What is Primary Care?
The fact that we have to answer this question is the problem with our healthcare system today. Conventional primary care has become, at worst, urgent care, and, at best, an 8-min checklist approach to confirm you are "normal." However, a "normal" reference range implies you fall within 95% of the population. It's no wonder then that most healthy adults find the need for primary care confusing.
Primary care at The Lanby is a true first line of defense. As your generalist, we address any and all areas of concern and help you navigate your health holistically. Our goal is to get to the bottom of any symptoms, minimize your risk of disease, detect issues before they become problems, and support you in achieving your best health, no matter what it takes.
Comprehensive baseline assessment to kick off your membership
- A comprehensive intake to bring your Care Team up to speed on your health and wellness.
- Extensive lab work and a complete physical exam (including vitals and body composition analysis) to establish your baseline.
- Collaborative conversation with your Care Team to understand your lifestyle and define your goals.
Personalized Care Plan based on your biometric data and goals.
- Quantifiable metrics and clear next steps to guide you towards getting and staying healthy.
- Curated recommendations for supplements, specialist referrals, diagnostics & screenings.
- Friendly reminders to keep you on track as life gets in the way.
Coordination of any care outside of The Lanby to make getting healthy seamless
- Vetted specialist and imaging referrals based on your preferences, with appointments booked on your behalf, whenever possible.
- A dedicated Member Advocate quarterbacking your health every step of the way.
- Records and lab results consolidated in your Member app.
Continuous care from your dedicated Care Team
- Quarterly check-ins and lab work to ensure progress and proactive care.
- Ongoing chat with your entire Care Team through your Member App.
- Wearable data analysis to optimize your levels across fitness, sleep, and metabolic health.
Trusted content and community events
- Wellness group sessions, panels, and exclusive experiences with industry experts.
- Supportive guides and resources to sift through the noise and support your progress in between visits.
- Exclusive Member perks from vetted brand partners.
What’s not included?
While we can help coordinate the below, your membership fee does not cover these services or associated costs:
- Urgent care visits, ER visits, and hospitalizations
- Lab tests, POC testing, advanced diagnostics, and vaccinations (performed on site, but billed to insurance)
- 24/7 availability
- Prescription medications
- Diagnostic imaging (i.e., MRIs, ultrasounds, mammograms)
- Specialist visits (we’ll make the referral but those appointments are billed directly by the provider)
All the same services and perks. Better price point for patients under 35 years old.
A non-refundable deposit is due upon registration and will be credited towards your first quarter of membership. Your membership will officially begin on the day of your Baseline Visit.
Get a personalized plan for real healing
Symptoms: acne, fatigue, irregular menstrual cycles
Root Causes: PCOS, elevated glucose, and A1C
- Refer to The Lanby’s Balanced Plate Method to create meals that balance blood sugar.
- Utilize Continuous Glucose Monitor to improve insulin sensitivity.
- Weekly acupuncture for 6 weeks.
- Pilates 3x per week and 7,000+ steps per day to improve hormone balance.
- Supplements: vitex and fish oil.
Symptoms: insomnia, IBS, headaches
Root Causes: Chronic stress
- Incorporate fatty fish, olive oil, mineral rich produce like dark leafy greens, mushrooms, bananas, ginger, asparagus.
- Complete the Salivary Adrenocortex Stress Cortisol Test from Genova Diagnostics.
- Prioritize low impact movement like yoga, walking, and swimming.
- Avoid caffeine, ultra processed foods, and limit alcohol.
- Regulate core temperature and get deeper sleep by taking a warm shower or utilizing dry sauna before bed. Consider red light therapy to additionally improve sleep quality.
Symptoms: constipation, dry skin and brittle nails, fatigue
Root Causes: Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis
- Avoid gluten and dairy; have 1-2 Brazil nuts daily, increase intake of fiber, dark leafy greens, and high quality protein at each meal.
- Get a thyroid ultrasound.
- Asses heavy metals toxicity through a blood test done at The Lanby.
- Listen to The Functional Medicine Approach To Hypothyroidism podcast.
- Limit exposure to endocrine disruptors and switching to non-toxic products like laundry detergent, scented candles and perfumes, beauty products, and cleaning products.
- Supplements: vitamin D, thyrosol, Omega-3 fish oil.
Symptoms: shortness of breath, elevated apoB/Hyperlipidemia, swelling of feet and ankles
Root Causes: Sedentary lifestyle and predominantly standard American diet
- Fill half of your plate with a variety of non-starchy vegetables (the equivalent of ~7-8 servings of vegetables per day) to meet the daily goal of 28+ grams of fiber.
- Get a CT scan of coronary artery; and your Member Advisor will make an appointment with a preferred cardiologist on your behalf
- During a work day, set a reminder to stand up every 45–90 minutes. Utilize the “Exercise Snack” methodology to do a little bit, often.
- Aim for a 30-45 minute walk in the morning or after dinner to get extra movement.
- Supplements: red yeast rice, CoQ10, and fish oil
The Lanby Difference
A root-cause approach to resolving your issues and optimizing your health
Outdated, conventional approach to primary care and nutrition
Ongoing chat and follow-ups to keep you on track
One 8-min annual visit with a burnt out physician
Get in touch
Conveniently located in the heart of Manhattan, between Bryant Park and Grand Central Station.
535 Fifth Ave, Suite 603
New York, NY 10017
9 AM - 5 PM