Chloe’s Corner: Hella Moist Gluten-Free and Vegan Banana Bread Recipe
Our CEO shares her go-to banana bread recipe.
A primary care membership for patients who want more. Primary Care. Nutrition. Wellness. All under one roof.join the club
4 ripe bananas, mashed
1/2 cup almond flour
1 1/2 cup old fashioned oats and/or oat flour
1/4 cup almond milk (Malk almond milk is our favorite)
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp avocado oil (or coconut or olive oil)
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon, extra to top
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, extra to top (Hu Kitchen brand)
Optional add-ins: ½ cup of roasted, unsalted, chopped walnuts or pecans
Top with: Cocojune yogurt and almond butter (link to favorite brands)
- Preheat oven to 180C or 375F
- Combine wet ingredients into a bowl and mix well with a whisk.
- Combine dry ingredients (except chocolate chips) into a separate bowl and mix with a spoon.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix all together with whisk.
- Fold in chocolate chips with a spoon.
- Line the bread pan with parchment paper to avoid any sticking.
- Pour batter into parchment paper and even out with the spoon. Top with extra chocolate chips and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
- Put in the oven and let bake for 50 minutes - 1 hour and 10 minutes (depends on your oven).
- When finished, check to see if it's ready by sticking a knife in the middle. If there's any gooey residue on the knife, it needs a bit more time. Throw it back in the oven for another 10 minutes.
- Let the loaf rest for at least 10 min before digging in.
- Remove from the bread pan, peel off the parchment paper, and enjoy.
If you're curious to learn more about The Lanby, book a free consult call and we'll chat about how The Lanby can be your personalized long term health and wellness partner.
Explore other articles
The Balanced Plate
Our most popular Lanby member resource. A guide on how to build the perfect plate.
Myth or Fact: A TikTok Trend to End Constipation?
Setting the record straight on a recent TikTok trend.
The Best Foods to Help You Poop: Relieve Constipation Naturally
Relieve constipation naturally with these foods and drinks that can help you poop. Learn what foods to avoid and how to get your digestive system moving again.
Benefits of Celery Juice
Discover the pros and cons of celery juice with expert insights, a Q&A section, and a guide on how to make it at home.