A primary care membership for patients who want more. Primary Care. Nutrition. Wellness. All under one roof.join the club
Why do we love it?
We strive to build a balanced plate at every meal and these spring rolls help get us there. The tofu, veggie, and peanut sauce combo offers a burst of flavor while also fueling the body with a powerhouse of proteins, vitamins, and minerals.
Let’s dig into the good stuff
- Tofu is a nutrient dense soy based product that contains a wide variety of vitamins and minerals including calcium, manganese, iron, vitamin A, and omega-6’s.
- Carrots are a fantastic source of potassium, antioxidants, and vitamin A. They have also been known to lower cholesterol and support eye health.
- Mushrooms provide high amounts of Vitamin D, antioxidants, and fiber while being low in calories (sign us up!).
- Butter Lettuce offers a delicately sweet flavor and contains vitamin A, vitamin K, and folate.
Cook Time: 30 minutes
4-6 pieces of rice paper
1 container extra firm tofu
2 carrots, shredded or sliced thin
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1 bunch of lettuce (any kind)
1/3 cup chopped scallions
Thai Peanut Sauce
2 tablespoons peanut or almond butter
2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
1 tablespoon white vinegar
1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
1 teaspoon dried ginger
1 ½ tablespoons lemon juice
1 pinch of red pepper flakes
- Remove block of tofu from packaging. Rinse under water and dry with a paper towel. Cut into cubes. Spray skillet with coconut oil cooking spray and warm on medium high heat. Add cubes of tofu and cover. Move tofu around every few minutes with a spatula until all four sides are nicely browned and the inside of the tofu is cooked to your liking. Depending on the brand of tofu, this could take anywhere from 15-25 minutes.
- Spray another skillet with coconut oil and warm on medium high heat. Add sliced carrot and let cook until carrots begin to soften (about 10 minutes). Add mushrooms and continue to let cook for another 15 minutes.
- To prepare the peanut sauce, add all of the ingredients into a small bowl and whisk together until nut butter is fully mixed in.
- To prepare the rice paper, add lukewarm water to a large bowl. Place one sheet in the water and let sit for 10 seconds or until the rice paper starts to soften. Remove from water and place on a paper towel. Pat dry to remove any excess water. Then place the paper on your plate and start adding in the goods. Make sure you don't overstuff because it will make it very hard to close. First spread a layer of peanut sauce on one side of the paper. Leave the edges open to give yourself room for wrapping. Then sprinkle on the scallions, add tofu, lettuce and veggies. When you're done, take the bottom of the filled side and roll it over the ingredients. Then fold in the edges and continue rolling. You can cut your wrap in half to make it easier to eat. Repeat the process to make as many spring rolls as you can until the ingredients run out!
- Serve with extra peanut sauce for dipping.
If you're curious to learn more about The Lanby, book a free consult call and we'll chat about how The Lanby can be your personalized long term health and wellness partner.
Explore other articles
Brad Gilden explains how to conduct your own physical therapy screening.
Learn five ways to naturally support your liver for optimal functioning.
What is zone training and how can it help your physical fitness.
Find the perfect partner in health with our comprehensive guide to choosing a primary care physician.